Thursday, May 30, 2013

Hitting Rock Bottom

May 30, 2013

      Well, I'm blogging from my hospital bed. I was feeling so well the end of last week and then Saturday night I hit rock bottom. I've been in the hospital since Sunday afternoon and I'm more than ready to get out of here! When I was first admitted to the hospital, and a couple days after, I was the feeling terrible. I have never been so sick in my life. I was dehydrated, even though I have no clue how that happened because I've constantly had a drink in my hand ever since beginning radiation, and I was so weak I could barely stay awake or alert long enough to make conversation or answer mama's questions.  It also took a day or two for my blood pressure to get above the 70/40 range, which was a little scary. Thankfully the past couple of days have been much better. The Lord was definitely hearing everyone's prayers! After being constantly hooked up to fluids through my IV my blood pressure finally began to rise which made a huge difference in how I felt. Even though my blood pressure was picking up it seemed like every day I had a new problem that was keeping me in the hospital. One day I had a fever. One day my potassium level was very low. Each day I feel like I've been holding my breath to find out the results of my blood work. Thankfully the doctor just came in and said I can go home this afternoon. I'm so pumped! I could use a good night's sleep without someone coming in every hour and waking me up. As much as this place drove me crazy, I'm very thankful the Lord used the staff here to get me back on the path to recovery!

"O Lord my God, I called to You for help and You healed me." -Psalm 30:2

No comments:

Post a Comment