Sunday, June 16, 2013

"That's why our air went out."

June 7, 2013

      This afternoon, in TEXAS need I remind you, our air conditioning stopped working. Are you kidding me? Helllllo heat stroke! All five of us ended up sleeping in our living room so we could put fans all over that one room and stay cool. An interesting night to say the least, but also a blessing in disguise. This evening some maintenance men from our neighborhood came over to see what the problem is. I was hiding away in my bedroom half asleep when I woke up and overheard mama talking with one of the men in the next room. Mama must have told him why we were living here temporarily, because when I woke up I heard him telling her about his church and the power of prayer and anointing with oil. Mama told him how I was anointed with oil and prayed over back at my home church. He goes on to tell her how he had once anointed and prayed over a man in his own home, how they didn't have the typical oil for anointing and just used whatever they had in the house because it isn't the oil that does the trick, it's our faith and believing in the power of prayer and God's power to heal His children. The next thing I knew mama and this maintenance man were walking into my bedroom. They asked if he could pray over me. Of course I will never turn down a prayer! He used olive oil from our kitchen and put a drop on my forehead. Then he prayed the most sincere prayer, asking for the Lord's healing. In the few minutes I spent with this man I could see his genuine love for Christ and his faith, trust, and belief in the Lord's healing power. This man was absolutely precious and such a prayer warrior. I am so thankful for this experience. I know without a doubt that the Lord had this man cross our path for a reason. Once the man left our house mama said, "That's why our air went out." She is exactly right!


“Is any sick among you? Let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:” - James 5:14

1 comment:

  1. AMAZING! I love reading this kind of stuff! Prayer is an amazing thing!

    ReplyDelete