Friday, November 9, 2012

Thankful


November 1, 2012
        Last November I decided to keep a journal and every day I wrote about several things that I wanted to especially thank God for that day. Believe it or not, November has rolled around again, so I decided I would do the same thing this year. Before I began writing tonight I looked back through all the entries I wrote last year and one particular day really stuck out to me. Last year on November 3rd I thanked God for my singing voice and for my health, both of which were recently shaken. I found it very ironic that I thanked God for those two things on the very same day without even the slightest inclination of what would be coming my way in the next few months. The thought of getting cancer within the next few months never crossed my mind, and especially tongue cancer considering I had never even heard of such, so I had no reason to think that my health or my voice were at risk. Reading this journal entry really made me think. It sounds so cliché but life is so uncertain. We really have no clue what the future holds. My life was turned completely upside down in less than a year. Looking back through this journal, which seems like I wrote just a week or two ago, I realized how different my life was then. The things I worried about were so petty. Now I would be thankful if some of those things were my only “worries.” This year has changed me for a lifetime, and that I wouldn’t take back! As for my health and my singing voice, God is working in a miraculous way! He has already restored my health by healing me from cancer and he is in the process of restoring my singing voice which is such a blessing! I didn’t know if I would ever be able to sing again, and I was more afraid of that than I was willing to admit, but I’m getting there! God is doing amazing things in my life and I know He is not finished with me yet! I am so thankful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment