Thursday, March 21, 2013

Time Is Flying By!

      I can't believe I'm already sitting here getting my second round of chemo therapy. Those first three weeks flew by and I am beyond thankful! I never expected to be feeling well enough to go back home for a short visit during my first round of chemo, but the Lord surprised me! He is taking such good care of me, but then again, why am I even surprised?! My family and I had such an amazing trip back home! The Carolina's had been calling our name for quite some time and it did us all so much good to be back in our hometown surrounded by our family and friends. Sometimes that's the best medicine of all! My Nana spoiling me with her cooking, getting to go to my home church and even the big fundraiser in town, and feeling like "me" for a few days made a world of difference, and even though it was painful to board the plane back to Houston I now feel revived and ready to face round two! I am so blessed to come from such a loving and supportive community where everyone really sticks together. Such a huge plus to living in a small town :) I am now more eager than ever to be healed and able to move back home! I have another scan in a few weeks, at the end of this round, to tell if this treatment plan is working. Of course, I am having some anxiety about this. Scans always tear my nerves up! However, the Lord spoke to me this morning in my Jesus Calling devotional and gave me exactly what I needed to hear:

"Trust Me and don't be afraid, for I am your Strength and Song. Think what it means to have Me as your strength. I spoke the universe into existence; My Power is absolutely unlimited! Human weakness, consecrated to Me, is like a magnet, drawing My Power into your neediness. However, fear can block the flow of My Strength into you. Instead of trying to fight your fears, concentrate on trusting Me. When you relate to Me in confident trust, there is no limit to how much I can strengthen you."

"Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the Lord, is my strength and my song; He has become my salvation. With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation."            -Isaiah 12:2-3

"Surely you have granted him eternal blessings and made him glad with the joy of Your Presence."     -Psalm 21:6

"O Lord Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in Him," -Psalm 84:12

The Lord put this in my path today because He knew it was exactly what I needed to hear! I needed to be reminded that this situation is still in God's hands and He still has complete control. So whenever I start to worry about this upcoming scan I will just pray more and more! I know the Lord can heal me. He isn't finished with me yet! I will just pray for good results!

"During hard times, it can help to remember that you receive new mercies every morning,"

No comments:

Post a Comment