Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Round One

      Today Chick Fil A was my BFF and I actually felt clean for the first time in days. Both are huge improvements! But I really can't complain. As of today, my sixth day of chemo therapy, my only major side effects have been no appetite, feeling tired, and a sore mouth. I was very nervous, and still am, about the side effects. I've heard all the good, the bad, and the ugly stories, but of course each patient has a different experience. All I can do is pray that I am one of the ones who handles the treatment well with few side effects and is able to stay physically strong over the next few months. So far, the Lord has blessed me tremendously! I could not be more thankful! Each day I am up and moving a little bit more and my appetite is gradually increasing. Today was my first day without my chemo pump attached to me so that meant a real bath! Well other than having to Saran Wrap my arm, thanks to my picc line, a real bath! Pulling myself out of the bed to look halfway presentable for my doctor's appointment seemed like more trouble than it's worth at the time, but finally feeling fresh and clean made a world of difference. Getting out of the house for a few minutes to go to my doctor's appointment then led to a slight craving for Chick Fil A. Three chicken nuggets and a handful of fries later Mama was thrilled to see how much I ate at one time and I was pretty pumped myself. Everyday is getting better! I will feel more relieved when this first round of chemo is over, so I know what to expect, but I'm trying not to be over anxious. I know the Lord will continue to watch over me, comfort me, and give me His strength.

"Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you." -1 Peter 5:7

"When anxiety was great within me, Your consolation brought joy to my soul." -Psalm 94:19

"I have seen his ways, but I will heal him; I will guide him and restore comfort to him." -Isaiah 57:18

1 comment:

  1. Jenna, instead of studying my usual morning devotion, I chose to read all your blog posts. I was inclined to do this because I wanted to better aquaint myself with you. I know your mom because of our shared past of going to church together and doing elementary school with our children - you and Emma and Cory and Tim. I have had your mom on my heart ever since I heard of your first cancer experience. We, moms, hurt together when our children are in need and we praise together in our faith when blessings occur in our children's lives...it's a connection like no other. I aimed to read your blog to know how to pray and what to specifically pray for. I wanted to as I typed above to better acquaint myself with you. I had that lovely PVS Christmas dinner with you in 201l. You are funny, talkative and enjoyable. I had thought you might be shy...wrong! Anyways, what I am trying to get to is my goals in reading your blog were commendable and realized BUT the truth is your posts have stirred my heart, fueled my walk, encouraged my faith, and changed my focus. Jenna, your trials and blessings are HUGE...but not without purpose. You my dear friend have and will continue to change lives. I am sorry you are enduring cancer treatments and I wish you didn't have to go through this journey. I believe you are on your way to a full recovery and will hold you in prayer. However, please know I am blessed today and have a new outlook on my own circumstances because of your candid and honest posts. You are Loved, Anna Friend

    ReplyDelete