Monday, January 21, 2013

Headed to Houston

1/20/13

      I have been home from the hospital for a few days now and everything has been such a blur. One of the first things I found out after waking up from surgery was the fact that I am moving to Houston, Texas to continue my treatments at MD Anderson. That was quite a surprise. While in surgery some of the cancer in my lymph nodes were too close to nerves in my neck to remove so I will have to be treated with chemo and radiation and my oncologist recommended the best, MD Anderson. So when I woke up, I found out the plan. I came home from the hospital in Chapel Hill a few days ago, feeling really well, thankfully, and have been preparing for the move ever since. It's crazy how a week ago I hadn't even had surgery yet and two weeks ago I still thought I was cancer free. It's a little scary how quickly things can change. Today as I was packing up my room I felt like I was only packing to go to the beach for vacation. It hasn't set in yet. I basically only have one day left in Carolina because I fly out to Houston on Wednesday morning, will shortly be home over the weekend long enough to move our things, and then back to Texas. I really feel like everything is falling into place with MD Anderson and this is really where the Lord is leading me to continue my treatment. I have heard nothing but wonderful things about this hospital and it is said to be the best. I truly believe that the Lord is going to use this facility and the doctors there to heal me and I will be back in the Carolina's in no time and better than ever!

3 comments:

  1. Jenna-- saw a link to your blog on FB, and just wanted to send a quick note to let you know I will be following and PRAYING FOR YOU! Our God is greater! He reigns! Praying for His peace and HEALING to reign in your heart and body!
    In HIM,
    Jennifer Scruggs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenna, please know I am praying for you and will continue to do so through this trial. Thank you for showing the world how BIG our God is and how in control He is. Trust Him always and continue giving Him praise for the miracles He's working in and through you. I know we only met once or twice through Rhonda, but please know I will be keeping up with you through your blog and praying for healing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenna, just saw a link to your blog on Haley Ward's FB page. I used to live in SC and served at FBN Spartanburg with the Ward's. My husband and I are worship pastors and are now serving at Spring Baptist Church, in Houston. What can we do for you darlin?! I have little ones in preschool, but my dance-card is otherwise free or at least flexible! We have a small army of the best, most loving people in Texas in our worship ministry and we have been blessed to serve lots of families while they are at M.D. Anderson. We would be so honored to minister to you and your family while you are here. Do you need cars, lodging, anything at all? Please, please let me know- I would love to meet you, I miss hearing Carolina accents!
    I'm a blogger too and I'm just now starting to read yours. Thank you for sharing so candidly and honestly, I don't know which is braver- waging the battle you are waging with such grace or being so transparent and willing to share what the Lord is doing through your life and journey. A cloud of witnesses applaud you, precious girl.
    You can get in touch with me at www.notesfromthecleft.blogspot or sbhuggy@yahoo.com or I'll send my number to Haley on FB.
    Praying for you! Welcome to Texas!
    Sara Johnson

    ReplyDelete