Monday, January 21, 2013

The Morning Of...

1/15/13
     
      I leave for the hospital in about an hour. I am more calm about the surgery than I was last time, but I fear what is to come. I found out yesterday that the cancer is in the lymph nodes on both sides of my neck, which I was pretty sure of because I had felt another knot come up, but on the left side, after we left Chapel Hill last week. Dr. Weisler also told us that they will be doing a biopsy of my right tonsil during surgery to check for cancer. He told us that due to the cancer being on both sides of my neck, in the lymph nodes, I will probably need both chemo therapy and radiation after the surgery. After Dr. Weisler gave us all this information and left the room I completely broke down to mama. I fell apart. I'm pretty sure, actually I'm positive, that was the most upset I have ever gotten since having cancer. Thankfully I am doing much better now. I know that no matter what God is watching over me and He is with me today just like He was last time, just like He always is. Last night before we fell asleep my whole family, all six of us, piled onto one of our hotel beds and each of them prayed for me as we all held hands. I even sat in Christian's lap! Haha It was honestly one of the most special moments of my life. God has blessed me with such a loving famiy that has such stong faith in the Lord and for that I am so thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment