Monday, January 21, 2013

Prayer of Faith

1/13/13
   
      For a few days now I have been praying and reading scripture about being prayed over and anointed. I did not want this to be a big show in front of the whole church, but a private gathering where believers could pray over me and ask God for healing. So this evening, in a Sunday school classroom at my church, my pastor led our church deacons along with my close family and friends and circled around me and prayed over me. In the Bible, James 5:14-15 says, "Is anyone among you sick? Let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up..." That is just what we did. Before he began, my pastor asked that if anyone in the room did not believe that the Lord could heal me that they leave the room, because this is a prayer of faith, a prayer for believers. He then asked me to share why I wanted this to happen tonight. I couldn't help but cry and I am surprised that I could even answer him. I told him that I wanted them to pray tonight for God to heal me, because I know that He can. As simple as that. Tonight, not only me, but a small room full of believers, put their full trust in God's ability to heal me, if that be His will. As these men circled around me and prayed over me, tears poured down my face. I know without a doubt that the Lord has the power to heal me. Not only does His word say so, but He has healed me once and He can do it again. I am so thankful for my faith. I would be nothing without it.

Sometimes all you need is faith as big as a mustard seed and God will do the rest.

"...your faith has healed you" -Matthew 9:22

No comments:

Post a Comment