Friday, August 10, 2012

Answered Prayers

7/15
                This afternoon mama and I came back to Chapel Hill. Tomorrow I have three doctor appointments - one with my surgeon, one with the radiologist, and one about chemo therapy. I have been so anxious about these appointments all week. I am so glad that this time tomorrow they will be over with! My devotion tonight was such a blessing and God knew exactly what I needed to hear. The title was, “Do Not Worry About Tomorrow.” How fitting! A quote from the devotion said “As you affirm your faith, shackles of worry fall off instantly. Enjoy My Presence continually by trusting Me at all times.” This was a huge help to me and really calmed my nerves!

7/16
                Lord Jesus, I thank You and praise You with everything in me and with everything I have! You answered my every prayer and fixed my every need. God, I am so thankful and I will be forever grateful! Hearing that no radiation or chemo therapy will be needed and that the surgery was successful was the exact answer to my prayer. God, You are the ultimate Healer and through this situation I have truly seen the power of prayer! I will never be able to thank You for all that You have done for me! I pray that You will receive all the glory and honor that You deserve and that people will know that You are the reason I am healed. God, I also pray that You will be with the other cancer patients that You have recently put in my path and in my heart…Michael from the chemo therapy waiting room, the little boy going in to see the radiologist, and the young girl I saw in the cancer hospital lobby who was clearly going through chemo therapy. I pray that You will be with them and put Your healing hand on them. Help them to feel Your Presence and fill them with a sense of peace and comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment