Wednesday, August 8, 2012

June 15, 2012 - Getting the News


                Yesterday afternoon I found out that I have cancer on my tongue. I will be having a scan done next week to see if there is cancer anywhere else in my body and then I will be having surgery to remove it shortly after. I am nervous but I am also extremely calm. I feel a peace that I know is only given to me by the Holy Spirit and I am so thankful for that. I don’t know how people get through times like this without Jesus in their heart. I know I couldn’t get through a single day without Him. He is the only reason that I have the strength to push on right now.
                Lord, I know that You are with me and I pray that You will work a miracle in this situation, a miracle that will bring glory to Your name and help others to come to know You! Please heal me, Jesus! I will for now and forever use this experience to bring glory and honor to You.
Here are some verses and quotes that I wrote in my journal that day:
“Refuse to be fearful about what will happen to you. God is faithful and He will take care of you if you trust Him.”  (I made this my facebook status the night I found out about my cancer.)

“When you have doubts and questions, choose to say, ‘Lord, I believe. I may not always understand, but I trust You.’”

“Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.” –Isaiah 40:31
“Thank me for each problem you encounter, and watch to see how I transform trials into blessings.”
“Wherever you are going God has already been there and paved the way for you.” (Matthew 6:27-30)


No comments:

Post a Comment