Friday, August 10, 2012

Be A Witness

6/30

                Lord, the past week or so I have noticed a change in the way I see certain people and the things they do. I don’t feel like I am judging them, if I am then stop me, but their actions are making my angry. I see people who “drink their problems away,” drink to ignore a broken heart, have wild weekends and brag about them all over Facebook, and not even consider the harmful consequences. I have never liked the “why me” attitude because yes, bad things happen to “good” people, but lately it is so hard for me not to get aggravated. Not that I want anyone to suffer from cancer, but it is so hard for me to understand how I who have never smoked or drank alcohol in my life gets tongue cancer at 24 and some people do harm to their body on a daily basis without even considering the after effects.  Like I said, I don’t understand and I never will. I just know that God has a plan for my life and that everything happens for a reason. This time in my life is just helping me get to where God needs me to be. More than anything I just think about how wrong those people are. Not wrong in the sense that they are bad people for what they are doing because we are all sinners, but wrong as in misguided, lost, and confused. They are turning towards the wrong things, the dangerous things. I also get angry at people that do not think of the consequences of their choices, but then again, I have made those mistakes myself. It’s sad but sometimes it takes a harsh wakeup call before you change the way you’re living. God I just pray that You will help me to be more loving towards people. There is no way for me to be a witness in their life without loving them first. Help me to not get so angry, but instead be helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment