Friday, August 10, 2012

Time's Up

7/4              
                Today was a typical Fourth of July…pool party, cookout, and fireworks, but in the back (actually more towards the front) of my mind I couldn’t stop thinking about my surgery, how tomorrow we leave for Chapel Hill. Even though I still have a positive attitude about this situation and I have complete faith and trust in God about this entire situation, I still can’t believe how fast my life changed, how this is really happening. Tonight as I was packing my suitcase I just kept thinking how weird it felt…packing my bags…for Chapel Hill…to have surgery…to remove cancer…in two days…I’m only 24. So many thoughts. Too many thoughts. I didn’t want to breakdown and cry or anything, just a lot of thoughts.                
                 Lord Jesus, I pray that You will give me strength and peace over the next couple of days. Help me to feel Your presence constantly. Be with me during my surgery and be with my doctors. Work a miracle Lord and make my surgery and recovery go even better than expected, and without radiation and chemo therapy! I promise to give You all the honor and glory that You deserve! Thank You for all that You have done for me!
“Then He said to her, ‘Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace.’” –Luke 8:48

“Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” – 1 Thessalonians 5:18

7/5
                I can’t believe my surgery is in about 8hrs. Pretty much all I have to do is go to sleep and it will be time. Right now I’m feeling pretty calm. I’m just trying to enjoy this time with my family in this really awesome hotel in Chapel Hill. Tonight mama and nana and us kids sat outside on this balcony to wait on the rest of the family to get here. It felt so good being outside and it helped me to relax a little bit. As I sat outside I also checked my Facebook and I had a ton of sweet, encouraging messages. I have so many people praying for me and I can feel it! I have such a peace. God is filling me with such peace and strength and I am so thankful for that!

“You walk beside me giving strength I’ve never known…I rely on Your patience when I face the unknown and because of You I am not alone.” –I Am Not Alone, by Natalie Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment