Friday, August 10, 2012

Every Setback is a Setup for a Comeback

7/24
                It seems like Satan has been on my back every day this week, and I hate to say I haven’t been doing the best job fighting him off. I am letting the little things get the best of me, getting upset, and having pity parties, all when I should still be overjoyed and simply thankful for all God has done for me. Big deal if people stare at the bandage around my neck, if my face is swollen, and my speech is still impaired. Those things are just temporary. I just have to keep telling myself those things will improve and be grateful that I am now cancer free and am not having to live in Chapel Hill and go through radiation and chemo treatments every day. I have to start thinking positive and get over this mood I’ve been in!
               Later tonight I was thinking how I say “I had cancer” versus “I have cancer,” and “when I was sick” rather than still being sick. It hit me like a ton of bricks. It made me feel an overwhelming sense of thankfulness, but it also made me nervous…afraid that the cancer will return someday. That thought scares me to death, but I have to remind myself that is NO way to think, No way to live. I realize how badly things could’ve turned out, but the Lord saved me from that, so I should spend my time being thankful and not worrying about all of life’s “what if’s.”
“Every setback is a setup for a comeback. God wants to bring you out better than you were before.”

“No matter how things look, know that God is still in control. Stay in peace, knowing that He will always be with you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment