Friday, August 10, 2012

Patience

7/12
               I have been out of the hospital for a few days now. It feels so good to be home…sleeping in my own bed, not having to wake up every couple of hours during the night when the nurse came in, finally free of all the shots, IV’s, and those awful drains that were in my neck! Simply being at home made me feel ten times better!
                I have been thinking about how my current situation is teaching me patience. Last night I was about to go to sleep and was praying about Monday’s doctor appointments. I am so worried and anxious to find out the results…if radiation and chemo will be needed and if the surgery removed all of the cancer. As I laid there worrying I realized that no matter how much I worry it wouldn’t get me the results any faster. I also thought about how I can’t speak well or eat right now. As aggravated as it can make me, only over time will it improve. I just have to be patient. I feel like patience goes hand in hand with faith, so if I put my faith and trust in the Lord I have no reason to worry. I should just be patient and let the Lord lead me through each step.

No comments:

Post a Comment