Wednesday, August 8, 2012

June 22, 2012 - The Waiting Game

                I woke up this morning feeling sick to my stomach and I was a nervous wreck all the way to my doctor’s appointment. In the car on the way to the hospital mama prayed out loud and I started crying a little bit. I know that no matter what God will always take care of me, but I was still so afraid of getting back the results from yesterday’s scan. I have never been more nervous in my life! Once we got inside the hospital I had to sit there and fill out a ton of paper work while I was freezing (because of my nerves) and was shaking like a leaf. I was just ready to know my results, to get it over with. I had no clue I would be THIS nervous, anxious, and overwhelmed this morning. I have been doing so well. I guess the reality of getting my results finally set in, the possibility that the cancer could have spread. After waiting a little while we finally were put back into a room and were told just about the best news possible. Based on the scan, the doctor is almost positive that the cancer has not spread and that most likely radiation will not be needed, only surgery. My doctor was wonderful and as soon as he said those amazing words I immediately began thanking and praising God in my head as the doctor continued talking.
                Lord Jesus, You are so good! You heard our prayers and You answered them! You are so good and faithful. I will never stop thanking You for this and I will forever praise Your name! Help me to continue to receive good news as I go to my next doctor’s appointment on Wednesday in Chapel Hill to meet with my surgeon.

“But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me.” –Micah 7:7
“Father, help me to never be afraid; to pray for the impossible.”

“Your faith is not to help you avoid problems, but to go through problems with stability.”
“But even when I am afraid, I keep on trusting You.” –Psalm 56:3

“And He said, ‘your faith has made you well; go in peace.’” –Luke 8:48

                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment