Friday, August 10, 2012

I Turn to You Jesus


6/29
                A few days ago in the gym I began talking to the nicest elderly man. Well he was here again this morning and he was asking when I get to start my new job so I told about my cancer and upcoming surgery. He went on to tell me how he was a retired Methodist minister and that he would be praying for me. We talked for several minutes about the power of prayer and how much support it brings. That conversation was such an added blessing to my morning and I believe that God put him in my path for that reason.
                God, as my surgery date is getting closer I can tell my mood is changing. I don’t want that to happen. Lord, help me to keep my eyes on You and for my faith to remain strong. Fill my heart and mind with a peace that only You can give. I pray Jesus, that You will have Your hand in every part of this situation, especially my surgery, and that You will bring healing to my body. Please Lord, work a miracle. I will give all the glory and honor to Your name.

                Tonight while I was out on a walk by myself, listening to my newly made playlist on my IPod titled “Encouragement,” “I Turn to You,” by Selah came on. As I listened to the words of this song and thought about my current situation, the peace, faith, and even joy that I had when I first accepted the news of my cancer was restored in me. Tears began to fill my eyes as I realized that no matter how drastic my life has changed in just two weeks that if I just turn to Jesus and rely on Him that I will be ok. The way that the Lord spoke to me in this song renewed my strength. It was such an amazing blessing! Sometimes those walks by myself, letting Jesus speak to me through music, is just what I need!

“I turn to You, Jesus. I turn to You, Lord. What else can I do, Jesus? I turn to You…For the faith to move ahead and to let go of the past…” -Selah

No comments:

Post a Comment